2nd EPNS Master Class, Cambridge: registration now open
Following the enormous success of our inaugural 2015 Masterclass we are delighted to announce a second EPNS Cambridge Master Class.
Title: ‘Functional Disorders – Child Neurology meets Literature ‘
When?: 14-16 September 2017 (Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday morning)
Where?: Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Accommodation: Max. 26 en-suite single rooms at the Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, UK and 20 en-suite single rooms at St Catherine’s College, Cambridge UK (just across the street)
Number of Participants: Total Maximum: 42 participants = 21 mentor/Young Neurologist couples (room sizes at Corpus Christi does not allow more)
(1) Mentor-Young Neurologist Couple
(2) An in-depth-view of a major challenge in Paediatric Neurology practice – Functional Neurological Symptoms.
Programme: Please take a moment to look at the PROGRAMME, which we think you will agree presents a new and refreshingly different concept.
Invited Speakers: We are honoured that our eminent invited speakers have agreed to join us. We are very excited to have Siri Hustvedt contributing to the meeting. Siri is a writer of novels and non-fiction including a highly-acclaimed account of her own experiences of “medically unexplained” functional neurological symptoms. She lectures on psychiatry, medical humanities and neurosciences courses. She wonders what happens — rhetorically and physiologically — when we change our minds. http://sirihustvedt.net
Target Group: Mentor and Young Neurologist couples. The Mentor should be an established and experienced paediatric neurologist. The young neurologist should be a paediatric neurologist of the future (see ‘young neurologist eligibility criteria’) The mentor and Young Neurologist must register at the same time and complete a joint booking form.
Young Neurologist Eligibility Criteria:
– Paediatric Neurologist (PN) has shown particular ability over the years
– PN under 45 years of age and before reaching a final position (head of department or equivalent)
– Clinical appointment for at least 60-80%
– Involved and active in research
– Involved in teaching PN and ask about their teaching experience
The cost of the Master Class is 550 Euros per person. The cost per person includes:
- 2 night’s accommodation with breakfast at either Corpus Christi College or St Catharine’s College in a single room with en-suite facilities.
- Access to the full Master Class programme.
- Lunch for 2 days.
- Coffee and tea during all breaks.
- Dinner in the New Combination Room at Corpus Christi College on Friday evening followed by a fireplace discussion in the Old Combination Room (Thursday evening dinner on your own)
How to register
(if a Word document version of the booking form is required, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Places are limited and we expect demand to be high, therefore please note our approach to the Course will be as follows:
- Joint Mentor-Young Neurologist registration ONLY
- Mentor and Young Neurologist must both be fully paid up members of the EPNS (if you would like to join the EPNS, please email email@example.com for guidance).
- Bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis. This will be based on the receipt of the full payment and not the receipt of the completed booking form.
There are 2 methods of payment available (more details on booking form):
- bank transfer.
- via the EPNS website
Attendees must organise their own transport. Accommodation for 14 and 15 September 2017 is included in the registration fee, if additional nights’ accommodation at Cambridge University are required, this can be organised on your behalf. There is a section to be completed on the booking form. However full payment must be taken as soon as possible to ensure your booking is secured. Rooms at both colleges cost 87 Euros per person per night with breakfast included.
Any queries email Sue Hargreaves firstname.lastname@example.org