Application period for EPNS Fellowship 2016 is CLOSED!
Closing date for EPNS Fellowship 2016 was 29 February 2016
For details of our successful Fellowship candidates please visit
For information only, here are details of the 2016 fellowship scheme. It is likely more EPNS fellowships will be offered for 2017, however the criteria may be subject to change:
Purpose of the Fellowship: To create excellence by offering the opportunity for further qualification or experience in an area of paediatric neurology in terms of clinical practice or research. The fellowship must take place in a European Country.
Fellowship type: For the first time, the EPNS will introduce 2 types of fellowship in 2016:
- Clinical elective (e.g. attending clinics, developing skills in EEG, EMG etc.)
- Research project (May be part of a thesis; basic or patient orientated research Learning a specfic skill/ technique)
Number of EPNS Fellowship 2016 available: 6
Fellowship scope: 3-4 month’s fellowship in a specialised centre in Europe.
Fellowship budget: 5,000 Euros
- EPNS membership. Candidates must have been an EPNS member for at least 6 months, with the current year membership fee paid at the date of application. The scheme is open to all EPNS members. The Fellowship must take place in a European centre.
- Specialty. Resident or young specialist of Paediatric Neurology (PhD students do not qualify). The scheme is targeted at Paediatric Neurologist who are at the onset of their career.
- Language. Fluent in relevant language of the centre which will be hosting the fellowship.
How to apply:
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to locate and make arrangements with their nominated host site. The EPNS will not become involved in this process.
- Complete the Fellowship 2016 application form
- Send the completed application form to Sue Hargreaves at email@example.com together with the following documentation:
- Local supervisor consent
- Hosting supervisor consent which must include their declaration that the candidate is fluent in the locally relevant language
- Detailed Cost Calculation – candidates must complete the EPNS standard cost calculation application form
- A photograph of yourself
What happens after an application has been sent?
- All applications will be considered by the EPNS Fellowship Selection Committee members. This Committee consists of 5 representatives from the EPNS Board.
- The EPNS Fellowship Selection Committee will be meeting during March 2016.
- All applicants will receive an email to tell them the outcome of their application by the end of March 2016.
How is the selection made? The Application Forms will be assessed using a standardised scoring system along with subjective impression. Each member of the selection committee will separately score each form.
What happens if I am successful?
- will have their photograph and details of their fellowship added to the EPNS website, included in EPNS communications and Twitter
- will be sent the funds for their Fellowship to a nominated bank account.
- will be asked to submit a questionnaire after their fellowship has been completed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries