Application period for EPNS Fellowship 2017: opens on 1 December 2016
Closing date for EPNS Fellowship 2017: 15 January 2017
For details of our successful Fellowship candidates from 2014, 2015 and 2016 please visit:
Purpose of the Fellowship: To create excellence by offering the opportunity for further qualification or experience in an area of paediatric neurology in terms of clinical practice or research. Candidates must currently practice in Europe; this is taken as the region for which the European Office of WHO is responsible http://www.euro.who.int/en/countries The fellowship must take place in one of these European Countries.
Fellowship type: EPNS offers 2 types of fellowship in 2017:
- Clinical elective(e.g. attending clinics, developing skills in EEG, EMG etc.)
- Research project(May be part of a thesis; basic or patient orientated research Learning a specific skill/ technique)
Number of EPNS Fellowship 2017 available: 6
Fellowship scope: 3-4 month’s fellowship in a specialised centre in Europe.
Fellowship budget: 5,000 Euros
- Location. Candidates must currently practice in Europe; this is taken as the region for which the European Office of WHO is responsible http://www.euro.who.int/en/countries . The fellowship must take place in one of these European Countries.
- EPNS membership. Candidates must have been an EPNS member for at least 6 months, with the current year membership fee paid at the date of application.
- Resident or young specialist (< 5 years after obtaining PN registration) of Paediatric Neurology (PhD students do not qualify). The scheme is targeted at those who are at the early stages of their training in the field of paediatric neurology.
- Fluent in relevant language of the centre which will be hosting the fellowship.
- Continuing a Fellowship. Candidates cannot use the EPNS fellowship to continue/supplement an existing/ongoing fellowship. This EPNS scheme is for new fellowships only.
- A fellowship is strictly personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
- If not successful, it is possible to re-apply for a fellowship.
- A fellowship can only be awarded to a person once.
How to apply:
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to locate and make arrangements with their nominated host site. The EPNS will not become involved in this process.
- Complete the Fellowship 2017 application form. This will be uploaded onto this webpage when the application period is open.
- Send the completed application form to Sue Hargreaves at email@example.com together with the following documentation:
- Local supervisor consent
- Hosting supervisor consent which must include their declaration that the candidate is fluent in the locally relevant language
- Detailed Cost Calculation – candidates must complete the EPNS standard cost calculation application form
- A photograph of yourself
What happens after an application has been sent?
- All applications will be considered by the EPNS Fellowship Selection Committee members. This Committee consists of 5 representatives from the EPNS Board.
- The EPNS Fellowship Selection Committee will be meeting at the end of January 2017/beginning of February 2017.
- All applicants will receive an email to tell them the outcome of their application by the by the end of February 2017.
How is the selection made? The Application Forms will be assessed using a standardised scoring system along with subjective impression. In order to be considered, candidates must meet or exceed the minimum criteria set by the EPNS Fellowship Selection Committee. Decisions made by EPNS Fellowship Selection Committee are final and are not subject to review or appeal.
What happens if I am successful?
- will have their photograph and details of their fellowship added to the EPNS website, included in EPNS communications and Twitter
- will be sent the funds for their Fellowship to a nominated bank account.
- will be asked to submit a questionnaire after their fellowship has been completed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries